Child's pose and Back bend
Watch the video below and follow the basic steps to guide you through Child’s pose with a mild Back bend:
Video description: This video demonstrates the yoga pose Child’s Pose and Back Bend.
On the exhale breathe:
1. Start on your knees.
2. Ensure your knees are wide apart
3. Your toes are pointed together.
4. Lean forward.
5. Sit back towards your heels.
6. Outstretch your arms.
Image description: Starting position – Child’s pose
Mild back bend
On the inhale breath:
7. Come up onto your knees.
8. Stand on your knees and open your arms at your chest.
9. Mild back bend – lift your chest, gentle on your lower back.
Image description: Mild back bend
On the exhale breath:
10. Drop your bottom towards your heels.
11. Stretch the rest of your body down and fold forward into Child’s pose.
Image description: Child’s pose