Point 1 - Large Intestine 4
Make a loose fist by pushing your thumb and index finger together. You will see a bulge in the muscle. Take note of where the highest point of this bulge is.
Relax your hand and then apply pressure with your other hand onto the area that was the highest point.
How to apply pressure on each of these points:
We suggest you follow the same technique that the researchers provided for this study.
- Make sure you find the most tender point in the area. The right spot should be more ‘sore’ than those in surrounding areas.
- Massage the area using medium pressure. It should be uncomfortable but not unbearable. You don’t want to bruise yourself.
- Massage each point in a circular motion, rather than back and forth or pressing up and down.
- Massage each point for one minute each. It’s a good idea to set a timer on your phone to do this.
- You need to massage the point on both foot, both ankles and both hands. You will need to massage six points in total. This should take you six minutes.
You need to apply enough pressure to make the area feeling sore, heavy, numb or tingling but it should not leave a bruise. If you do bruise yourself, please avoid pressing on that area until the bruise has gone, and make sure you use less pressure in future. You will also need to log that in the monthly diary when you fill that in.